Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold is part of the natural environment, part of the Kingdom Fungi–which makes neither plant nor animal, but something in between.
Purpose of this organism? Why does it even exist? Well, without it, we would quickly be overrun outside with leaves, bark, debris and other dead organic matter because molds whole reason for being is to break down organic matter.
Therefore, outside, mold is a friend of ours; however, some friends are better left outside and not invited into our homes. Because when mold is inside, IT DOESN’T STOP BREAKING MATTER DOWN.
It will keep working and reproducing unless we keep it under control.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
SERVPRO of Northwest Long Beach offers FREE INSPECTIONS, FREE STABILIZATION and CONFIDENTIALITY. Call Today (562)506-4992
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (562) 506-4992
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Northwest Long Beach for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Northwest Long Beach has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- North Long Beach
- Bixby Knolls
- Signal Hill
- North Signal Hill
- California Heights